Associate Project Manager/Senior Project Engineer (CI)
The Consortium for Ocean Leadership is pleased to announce the search for an Associate Project Manager/Senior Project Engineer for Cyberinfrastructure (CI). This is a temporary, full-time, exempt position that is expected to last for a two year term, dependent on availability of funds. The position will report to the Senior Project Manager in the Ocean Observatories Initiative department.
This position serves as the technical representative for managing the project management, design, development and implementation of a Cyberinfrastructure for the Ocean Observatories Initiative (OOI). Acts as the Contracting Officer Technical Representative for Ocean Leadership (OL) to the supplier. This position may require approximately 30% overnight travel.
Specific duties include:
- Monitors Cyberinfrastructure Implementing Organization (i.e., the supplier) performance to contract and project management criteria
- Prepares Work Statements and Evaluation Criteria for request for proposals (RFPs)
- Monitors, assesses and documents Implementing Organization’s technical performance to contract and project management criteria
- Provides technical assistance to the Contracting Officer (CO) and Project Manager (PM)
- Reviews and recommends contract modification requests
- Reviews and authorizes payment of invoices and manages the Earned Value data collection and reporting of the supplier
- Reviews all deliverable documentation and has responsibility for its quality
- Performs inspections and acceptance of goods and services
- Monitors acquisition control and disposition of property
- Manages the development of the information technology Cyberinfrastructure as part of the OOI management team, including the system architecture and technical system design build, test and implementation.
- Manages the systems engineering processes of the supplier.
- Participates in Spiral Development Reviews.
- Manages the supplier of the design efforts and the building of the Cyberinfrastructure that receives the sensor data, controls the entire network and processes data and models system.
- Advanced degree in a relevant field (e.g., computer sciences, information technology and engineering).
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in information technology research or data management applications and projects.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Desired Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Desired experience in the development and implementation of a science-oriented Cyberinfrastructure.
- Desired experience with message-based distributed systems.
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Desired familiarity with scientific ocean observing activities and National Science Foundation program procedures.
- Desired familiarity with Deltek Cobra.
- Experience with the systems engineering process: functional and non-functional requirements, system interfaces, system design, implementation, integration, verification and validation, deployment, and system operation.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Experience and skills in Microsoft Office and general business software support systems.
To apply, please forward cover letter, resume, salary requirement, and any other relevant application materials to email@example.com with the subject line, “SR PROJECT ENGINEER, CI”. Materials may also be mailed to Human Resources, The Consortium for Ocean Leadership, 1201 New York Avenue, NW, 4th Floor, Washington, DC 20005.
The Consortium for Ocean Leadership represents 95 of the leading public and private ocean research education institutions, aquaria and industry with the mission to advance ocean research, education and policy. Located in the heart of our nation’s capital, Ocean Leadership offers a collegial work environment and excellent benefits. To learn more about us and current vacancies in more detail, please visit www.oceanleadership.org .