Program Update: National Ocean Sciences Bowl – February 2012
The first round of the 2012 National Ocean Sciences Bowl (NOSB) regional competitions took place on February 4.
The following teams won their respective bowl:
- Blue Lobster Bowl – Lexington High School
- Chesapeake Bay Bowl – State College Area High School
- Great Lakes Bowl – Dexter High School
- Hurricane Bowl – Long Beach High School
- Lake Sturgeon Bowl – Marshfield High School
- Loggerhead Challenge – Annapolis Christian Academy
- Nor’easter Bowl – Contoocook Valley Regional
- Penguin Bowl – Medina High School
- Quahog Bowl – Ledyard High School
- Southern Stingray Bowl – Dutch Fork High School
The second round of the NOSB regional competitions will be this Saturday, March 3.
The 15 bowls taking place this weekend are:
- Aloha Bowl – Honolulu, HI
- Bay Scallop Bowl – Stony Brook, NY
- Blue Crab Bowl – Norfolk, VA
- Blue Heron Bowl – Greenville, NC
- Dolphin Challenge – College Station, TX
- Grunion Bowl – La Jolla, CA
- Los Angeles Surf Bowl – Los Angeles, CA
- Manatee Bowl – Ft. Pierce, FL
- Orca Bowl – Seattle, WA
- Salmon Bowl – Corvallis, OR
- Sea Lion Bowl – San Francisco, CA
- Shore Bowl – New Brunswick, NJ
- Spoonbill Bowl – St. Petersburg, FL
- Trout Bowl – Boulder, CO
- Tsunami Bowl – Seward, AK
To find a regional bowl in your area, click here.
The 25 winning teams from each bowl will compete against the other regional champions in the 15th Annual National Ocean Sciences Bowl (NOSB)® at the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel on April 19-22, 2012 in Baltimore, Maryland. For more information, click here.