Opportunity: In Water Acoustics Support to N45 SP12-1270-0118
WBB is a leading solutions provider for Federal U.S. Government agencies who have difficult mission critical challenges. We are passionate, elite consultants with deep industry knowledge and we deliver value-added products on time that help our clients cut costs, manage resources and optimize performance. Our proven track record, our customized, innovative products and our promise to deliver highly qualified consultants from beginning-to-end guarantees the desired outcomes our clients seek.
Chief of Naval Operations, Energy and Environmental Readiness Division’s (OPNAV N45) mission is to provide the Navy with energy, environmental, radiological and readiness sustainment and compatibility leadership through resource and assessment sponsorship; monitoring, evaluating, and shaping domestic legislation and regulations; and shaping international policy. OPNAV N45 develops, advocates, and assesses energy, environmental, radiological, and readiness sustainment and compatibility policy and guidance; resources environmental manpower and projects; and utilizes technology to ensure the Navy’s ability to effectively operate worldwide in an environmentally responsible and energy efficient manner both afloat and ashore. Through anticipation and innovation, OPNAV N45 proactively shapes and leads the Navy’s Energy and Environmental Program to enable and sustain Navy readiness while protecting and respecting the environment. Through effective leadership, OPNAV N45 will influence internal policy and external energy, environmental, and compatibility requirements that affect Navy readiness; improve our understanding of the potential effect of Navy operations and training on the environment; optimize Navy energy and environmental readiness resource expenditures; provide information, guidance, and training that support radiological compliance and safety; and facilitate operations and training while enhancing readiness.
- Provide support to OPNAV N45 programs in in-water acoustic science, Physical Oceanography, Ocean Acoustics, Ocean Engineering, and Marine Science
- Gather data on Navy programs status, costs, and benefits from program managers
- Conduct quick response analysis of selected issues and providing summary reports for Navy leadership
- Develop and utilizing decision tools to make recommendations for the Program Objective Memorandum (POM)
- Evaluate the impact of resourcing decisions and policies on Navy in-water acoustic programs
- MINIMUM CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must possess an active Secret clearance.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a PhD in a related field such as Physical Oceanography, Ocean Acoustics, Ocean Engineering, or Marine Science and 5 year’s experience OR
- A candidate with a master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field and 20 years related experience
- Proficiency with executive correspondence and Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience in environmental science, acoustic science, and program management
Job Title: In Water Acoustics Support to N45
Key Words: OPNAV, Navy, N45, acoustics, water acoustics, physical oceanography, ocean acoustics, ocean engineering, marine science, environmental science
Primary Location: United States- Washington, D.C. Metro Area – Government site – Convenient to the Washington Metro transportation system.
Travel: Yes less than 10% of time
We are proud of our diverse environment, Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/r73td8n