Opportunity: Senior Environmental Scientist SP13-0084-0128
WBB is a leading solutions provider for Federal U.S. Government agencies who have difficult mission critical challenges. We are passionate, elite consultants with deep industry knowledge and we deliver value-added products on time that help our clients cut costs, manage resources and optimize performance. Our proven track record, our customized, innovative products and our promise to deliver highly qualified consultants from beginning-to-end guarantees the desired outcomes our clients seek.
Chief of Naval Operations, Energy and Environmental Readiness Division’s (OPNAV N45) mission is to provide the Navy with energy, environmental, radiological and readiness sustainment and compatibility leadership through resource and assessment sponsorship; monitoring, evaluating, and shaping domestic legislation and regulations; and shaping international policy. OPNAV N45 develops, advocates, and assesses energy, environmental, radiological, and readiness sustainment and compatibility policy and guidance; resources environmental manpower and projects; and utilizes technology to ensure the Navy’s ability to effectively operate worldwide in an environmentally responsible and energy efficient manner both afloat and ashore. Through anticipation and innovation, OPNAV N45 proactively shapes and leads the Navy’s Energy and Environmental Program to enable and sustain Navy readiness while protecting and respecting the environment. Through effective leadership, OPNAV N45 will influence internal policy and external energy, environmental, and compatibility requirements that affect Navy readiness; improve our understanding of the potential effect of Navy operations and training on the environment; optimize Navy energy and environmental readiness resource expenditures; provide information, guidance, and training that support radiological compliance and safety; and facilitate operations and training while enhancing readiness.
OPNAV N454 is the Navy’s lead for developing policy, resourcing, and overseeing the Navy’s Environmental Planning, NEPA, Natural Resources, Marine Resources, and Ocean Acoustics programs. In that capacity, N454 coordinates with other key stakeholders such as NOAA, Fish and Wildlife Service, and others regarding Navy’s at-sea compliance under applicable laws, regulations and Executive Orders. N454 requires engineering and technical support to assist with the Navy’s Planning and Permitting programs, Marine Science and Acoustic Modeling support; hosting and providing ongoing technical support of the N45 Environmental Planning (EP) Library; and engineering and technical support for documentation review in support of the Navy’s Clean Air Act Operational Compliance Program. N45E is responsible for implementation of the Navy’s Energy Strategy to include developing strategy and policy, resourcing, assessing, and overseeing operational energy programs. N45E also coordinates with N46, CNIC, and NAVFAC to advance shore energy programs.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in Environmental Law and technical expertise in the following areas:
- Living marine resources
- Acoustic Modeling
- NEPA and Executive Order (E.O.) 12114 document review for Operational range environmental issues and shore installation management
- Natural resources management
- Marine sanctuaries
- Marine protected areas
- Essential fish habitats
- Coral reefs
- Coastal zone management
- Endangered species
- Public affairs/community relations
- Operational range environmental issues
- Develop quick response technical analysis for selected natural resource and environmental planning issues.
- Review legislation, regulations, and Executive Orders related to natural resources and environmental planning issues and developing responses to interrogatories and taskers.
- Coordinate workshops, host meetings, and prepare presentations.
- Develop meeting minutes, point papers, web pages, briefings, fact sheets, newsletters, etc.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Environmental Studies, Oceanography, Ocean Acoustics, Ocean Engineering, or Marine Science
- Master’s degree preferred
- 7 Years relevant experience
- Proficiency with executive correspondence and Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience in program management
- Experience with Navy, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard Environmental Programs Preferred
- MINIMUM CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must possess an active Secret clearance.
Job Title: Senior Environmental Scientist
Key Words: OPNAV, Navy, N45, acoustics, water acoustics, physical oceanography, ocean acoustics, ocean engineering, marine science, environmental science
Primary Location: United States- Washington, D.C. Metro Area – Government and Contractor Site. Convenient to the Washington Metro transportation system.
Travel: Approximately 10% of time
We are proud of our diverse environment, Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/798yqwk